Sunday 4 March 2012

Just Under the Bed

So where did it go, that object I was desperate for?
Desperate to the point that I forgot it, once I looked under the bed. Once I realized what I was looking at shouldn't have been there.

A glowing light, soft leaves under the bed frame. What the...?

I placed a hand in to feel the leaves, to feel the warmth of that light. That light that gave more than the feeling of a fine summer day. It called me, like home. Come in, you're one of us.

Enter.

Crawling under, I slipped into my new world.

And found Home.

5 comments:

  1. I loved the feel of this, like what's under the bed may turn out to be something wonderful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...this def leaves me wanting to read more of this story...and to know just what is under that bed...very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could turn this into a modern version of Alice in Wonderland. Engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't thought of it that way...but you're right! cheers :-)

    ReplyDelete